BeLight Software Forum

Parts of layer are truncated

January 27th, 2012, 1:16 pm

Hi Nick
I need to create a set of colored "bullets" to use in a book I'm working on (each chapter has its own bullet with its own color).
These bullets are really simple:
- the document size is 1 cm (width) by 2 cm (height)
- the bullet itself is a disc (diameter = 2cm) with a horizontal offset of -1 cm, so, after exporting, I get something like this:
(screenshot from Preview, black is the background color of the Preview document window not part of the bullet)

[img]http://belightcommunity.free.fr/4_belight_forum/small_blue°buleet_AT2_4_x.png[/img]

As you can see, there's a problem: some parts of the bullet are truncated (at the top and right sides)!
Here's the way I use to create this Art Text document:
- for the bullet itself:

- for the background (yes, I need a white background):

Note the decimal values (0.99 or 2.01)!
I can't get 1.00 or 2.00 values even when typing them correctly!
Maybe this is the source of this problem?
Also, note that this problem exists in AT itself, so before exporting.
AT 2.4 Build 442 (I can't update to 2.4.1!)
Snow Leopard (10.6.8) and Lion (10.7.2)
JJBee, Président (à vie) du G.R.O.I.N.
Secrétaire général : iMac C2D 2.16GHz
Secrétaire adjoint : MacBook Pro 17" C2D 2.33GHz
BeLight Community website
Jean-Jacques Boutaud

January 30th, 2012, 3:13 am

Hi Jean-Jacques,

It seems that the inaccuracy is caused when the dimensions in centimeters are translated to pixels.

In the Set Size, set Width=1cm and Height=2m. Switch Units to pixels and then back to centimeters. 0.99 will be instead of 1 cm, 2.01 instead of 2 cm.

I think that when the dimensions are rounded (to have integer for number of pixels), a column of pixels on the right and a row at the top are cut off.

You need to set up the initial document and disc sizes in centimeters. Then switch Units to pixels and adjust the dimensions and position of the disc.

Nick
Nick

January 30th, 2012, 1:32 pm

Hi Nick
You're right!
Setting the size of the document in cm (1 x 2 cm) then switching to pixels (28 x 57 pixels) I was able to get the correct result: a half of a disc using a negative offset (-29 pixels).
I'm not sure that this is a "perfect" half of a disc but as I don't need to put side by side two of these "bullets", this is not a problem.

Thanks
JJBee, Président (à vie) du G.R.O.I.N.
Secrétaire général : iMac C2D 2.16GHz
Secrétaire adjoint : MacBook Pro 17" C2D 2.33GHz
BeLight Community website
Jean-Jacques Boutaud

Return to Art Text